From Camp Unity (Formerly Tent City 4)
(360) 348 8953
SHARE/WHEEL TO SHUT DOWN TENT CITY 4 ON 11/15/12 PUTTING OUT 85 HOMELESS PEOPLE.
Tent City 4 Campers Secede from SHARE and Regroup as CAMP UNITY.
As of 9AM, November 15th, 2012 the affiliation between SHARE/WHEEL and Tent City 4 will be severed.
We have chosen to continue as a mobile community in the East Side area where our support is its strongest. Our campâ€™s operations will not cease, but going forward we will be our own entity under the name of Camp Unity.Â We will be self-maintained. We will endeavor to work with the communities around us. We will also remain sober, non- violent, democratic and self-managed.
Camp Unityâ€™s plan of action for our immediate future and a Mission Statement to help lay a foundation from which we can work.
Camp Unity – Our mission statement is as follows:
1) Provide a stable and safe shelter environment for the residents and the community.
2) Be active in the community and work toward redefining homelessness and the attitudes toward individuals without a permanent residence.
3) Help facilitate an active residential transition from homelessness to permanent housing
4) Ensure transparency of all central business operations and communications with hosts and supporters.
5) Empower our residents through self-management.
We can be contacted atÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ if you have any inquiries on how to help.
Camp Unity will not be a part of Kirkland Interfaith Network, but instead will apply for its own nonprofit status. Funds to provide tents and tarps will continue to be collected through Kirkland Interfaith Network not through SHARE.